UEI Faculty Grants Program Summary
Concluded Spring 2015
The UEI Faculty Grants Program, sponsored by University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) and the Office of Research Affairs (Academic Affairs), supported faculty research and scholarly development efforts toward tenure and/or promotion. The program, offered to all tenured and tenure-track faculty, provided a wide range of funding for:
- Travel to professional conferences.
- Research support or research development expenses.
- Student research assistance.
- The collection of critical primary or pilot data and/or research-related activity leading to a grant proposal submission for external funding.
- Article, manuscript or performance development.
During the past three years the program has funded 377 awards totaling $364,302. Awards ranged from $400 to $2,500 per recipient dependent upon the availability of funds for each application period. Specific examples of the types of activities recipients completed utilizing their funding include:
Previous program highlights include:
- Attendance at numerous conferences, some as far away as Austria, Bangladesh, Iceland, Italy, and Vietnam.
- Installation of paintings for an exhibition in South Korea.
- Attendance at the Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies summer seminar in Oxford, England.
- Purchase of research supplies for a San Quentin Prison film project.
- Fieldwork on women’s shelters in Chennai, India.
- An art residency at the Akademie Schloss Solitude in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Music recording at the Skywalker Sound facility for a CD of flute and piano compositions.
During 2015 the Faculty Grants Program concluded its operations. However, UEI will continue to support faculty professional development and student research for 2015-2016 with a $40,000 distribution provided to Academic Affairs in support of faculty and student research. Please contact the Office of Research Affairs at email@example.com or (916) 278-4918 for additional information.
PAST FACULTY GRANTS PROGRAM RECIPIENTS