SACRAMENTO, Calif., March 04, 2020 – We understand that there is a good deal of concern around Coronavirus (COVID-19). As such, we want to assure you that University Enterprises is actively partnering with the campus to monitor activity of the coronavirus and to stay informed about best practices that will help us all safeguard our employees and our community.
Here are some recommendations to help you stay healthy:
- Treat yourself well.
- Eat healthy.
- Maintain good sleep habits.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Make it hard for viruses to spread.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. If you do not have a tissue, then cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder, not into your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Think of yourself and others.
- Stay home if you are sick. Do not go to work or class. Students should notify their faculty member(s) and employees should notify their manager if they need to be absent.
- Full-time employees experiencing flu-like symptoms should contact their primary care physician. Students experiencing flu-like symptoms should call the campus Nurse Advice Line at (916) 278-6461 for assistance.
- Enroll in the Emergency Notification System (ENS). ENS is our primary means of communication in the event of an emergency, including a campus closure.
- Stay informed. These websites offer the latest information:
At this time, University Enterprises, Inc. and Sacramento State both remain open. We are committed to staying educated and prepared as the situation evolves, and we will continue to update you as circumstances warrant. In the meantime, please take care of yourself and each other.