Completing a Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
What Should I Do if I Test Positive for COVID-19?
Employees must inform their Manager and UEI Human Resources of their positive test results immediately. Do not come to campus if you have tested positive for COVID-19. Plan to isolate for a minimum of 5 days.
Contact your medical provider for medical support and clearance before returning to campus. A negative COVID-19 test is not required to return to work.
Employees should work with your Manager to establish a telework arrangement if possible. However, take time to recover and heal if you are not feeling well. Any employee not able to carry out their duties due to COVID-19 illness may use their sick leave hours.
Reporting COVID-19 Cases to UEI Human Resources
- UEI employees are asked to report exposure, symptoms or positive cases of COVID-19 to UEI Human Resources using our COVID-19 Intake Form.
Return to Work Procedures
Supplemental Paid Sick Leave
- UEI employees are entitled to up to 80 hours of Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (SPSL) for qualified COVID-19 related absences between February 19, 2022 – September 30, 2022. It is retroactive to January 1, 2022, for qualified unpaid absences. Employees may request COVID-19 SPSL by completing and submitting an SPSL Request Form.
Sac State General COVID-19 Information:
- FAQs: https://www.csus.edu/alert/coronavirus.html
- Information for Students: https://www.csus.edu/student-affairs/emergency-student-information/
CSU Chancellor’s Office:
State of California:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19): https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm
- Coronavirus 2019 FAQs: https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/faqs.htm
- How to File an Unemployment Claim: https://edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/Filing_a_Claim.htm
- UEI Employees Unemployment Claims Tips and FAQs: https://www.enterprises.csus.edu/human-resources/covid-19-response/filing-unemployment-claim/