NAV  University Enterprises Inc.

Human Resources- Frequently Asked Questions

HomeHuman ResourcesFAQ

What is Employee Online?

Employee Online is a self-service system that allows University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) employees to view and update their personal data. Employee Online also helps with UEI’s longstanding commitment toward sustainability and the move to go green by no longer printing and mailing materials such as check stubs.

With Employee Online, employees are able to:

  • View check stubs
  • Update personal and emergency
    contact information
  • View W2s
  • View direct deposit information
  • Update W-4 information
  • View benefit information
  • View leave balances

How do I log into UEI Employee Online?

Your UEI Employee Online (EO) login is your 8 digit employee ID number (you must type the leading zeros). The first time you log into EO, your password is your 9 digit social security number (without the dashes). The system will prompt you to change your password.

I have forgotten my password for Employee Online, how do I reset it?

If you have forgotten your Employee Online (EO) password, select the “Forgot Password” link on the Employee Online login page and follow the instructions.

How do I update my email and/or home address?

Logon to UEI Employee Online.  Under Personal Information select Home Address. At the bottom of the page click on “Edit”, change your address/email information and select “Save”.

I don’t have access to a printer, how can I print my pay stubs and/or W-2?

All employee pay stubs and W-2s are now located in Employee Online.  If you do not have access to a printer, you may come into Human Resources or Payroll Services and use the computer/printer kiosk to print your pay stub or W-2.

As a part-time employee, how many hours can I work per week? Can I work full-time?

  • Student Assistants and Graduate Assistants may work up to 20 hours per work week during the academic year and up to 40 hours per work week during breaks (winter, spring and summer).
  • International students are limited to 20 hours per work week during the academic year.
  • Part-time, casual employees are limited to no more than 19.5 hours per work week.

How many hours can I work per week if I am a recent graduate or a graduate student?

Recent graduates and graduate students working on their thesis must also adhere to the “maximum number of work hours” policy (20 hours per work week during the academic year and up to 40 hours per work week during breaks – winter, spring and summer).

Where and when can I attend a New Hire or Re-hire Orientation?

Employee orientations are conducted in UEI’s Human Resources department on a walk-in basis, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 3:30 pm.

Where can I park during new hire orientation if I don’t have a campus parking permit?

Free 30 minute parking is available on the north side of the Hornet Bookstore building (parking lot 4).  Extended visits require the purchase of a daily parking pass from the yellow kiosks located in Lots 1, 7, and 8.

Why does my paycheck come from University Enterprises, Inc. and not from the state agency/company where I work?

University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI)  contracts with state agencies and other organizations to be the employer of record for Student Assistant employees.  This means UEI is your employer even if you perform work off campus.

Are international students eligible for employment?

Yes. International students who hold a valid J-1 or F-1 visa are eligible to work as student assistants. The number of hours they can work is limited to 20 hours per week during the academic year.

Why do I need to fill out an employment status form each semester?

Student Assistant employees and Part-Time Casual employees must submit a completed status form at the time of hire and prior to the beginning of each semester/quarter (winter, spring and summer). The status form confirms an employees’ work status and the number of hours per week the employee can work. Any time an employees’ status changes, a new status form must be completed and submitted to Human Resources for processing.

The status form also qualifies Student Assistants, who meet certain criteria, to be exempt from Social Security Tax (FICA/MEDI).